Friday, September 24, 2010

A Random Topic

I know I haven't written in a while so I'll just through this post out there.  Alright, some of you may know that my family has a garden every year, well last year my sister planted gourds, and this summer what looked liked some sort of gourdish-squashish sort of plant came up next to two big hay bails that we have near the barn.  Of course since no one had planted it we were all curious to see what sort of fruit it would produce.  But as time went on it only got bigger and bigger, and still there was no fruit, not even flowers.  Now it has grown till it covers those two hay bails, as well as the ground between them and the barn.  It did eventually come out with flowers, but its funny, these flowers only bloom at night, and by sun rise they have all wilted.  We now think it must be a kind of high-breed gourd, some thing that can't produce fruit.  The plat its still going strong, even now, and I kinda want it to come back next year, it has been fun watching its progress. 


Have a blessed day, and until I write again good-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment