Sunday, September 12, 2010

My memories of 9-11-01

I wrote this last year, on the 8th anniversary of 9-11.  It's my memories of that day back in 2001, I was only five when this all happened.  I'm still not sure what to call this.  So far its just under "9-11".  Now here it is . . .

I was too little to understand, when my mom turned on the TV and I saw a tower burning.  I thought it was a movie.  I was too little to understand, when my mom started crying.  I thought she was crying about the tower.  She had been there once and she wanted us to go some day.  "This shouldn't have happened, it was a nice tower", was my only thought right then.  It never occurred to me there were people in that building. 

Then the second plane hit.


I didn't know what to do, I couldn't go back drawing.  At first it had been interesting, with the big explosion when the plane hit, but it had all died down now.  It was getting kind of boring just watching the towers smoke. 

Then one of the towers fell.


Momma said something about all those people in the tower.  Then I know I couldn't go back to drawing, it wouldn't be right some how.  At lest not right now.  So I sat on the couch and watched. 

And the last tower fell. 


"All over", I thought, "no one could live under all that".  It still didn't touch me.  I never felt horrified, or angry, or even sad, about all the people lost.  I was a little sad, because Momma was sad.  But I thought the whole time that it was the buildings she was sad about.  It wasn't till years later that I understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment