Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo

It's almost here, the write a novel in a month challenge.  I'm a little surprised at myself for not being all excited and worked up.  I guess I haven't quite realized yet that I'll be trying to write 50,000 words in a month.  That's 1,666 words a day, ruffly 5 typed pages a day.  And I don't usually type my stores out on the computer, I write them down the old-fashion way.  So, I'll write down 50,000 words, then turn around and copy it out laboriously on to the computer.  Oh joy.  (wry smile)  Can you tell?  I'm really excited about this. (sleepy yawn) ; P  I have to sign off now.  Pleases drop a note about how you're handling all this stress. : p

I hope you all have a blessed day
Morgan J

6 comments:

  1. I'm really not stressed out at all :P Mainly because I'm not doing NaNo. Perhaps another year, when I discover the point behind it. At the moment, I don't see how it benefits a writer to spend time speed writing 50,000 words that end up being not even close to what a finished product should look like :P But then again, maybe I'll change my mind some day.

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I handling the stress? I'm not. Aaaaahhhh!!!!! NaNoWriMo might kill me, but I'm bound and determined to finish. Good luck, fellow NaNoer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, ok I suppose that last post is not truthful at all XD I decided last minute to do it just because I thought "Ah, what the heck". So I did...and now I'm at 36,251 words XD I'm actually very excited to finish my book. What a total change from that last comment eh?

    I'll see if I can add you; my user name is
    Squeaks.The.Minstrel

    :P
    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine did that! It sounds really neat, although I'm not much of an author;) Anyway did you finish?
    -Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, yes, and no. This is kinda hard to explain. I wrote 50,000 words down in my notebook, but I didn't finish the story, or get them all on to the computer in time to win. Anyway it was really fun and I got a lot more done on my book then I ever would have if I hadn't done NaNoWriMo. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool. Would you ever post some of it??

    ReplyDelete