Sunday, November 16, 2014

No Excuses November Is Here

I don't like excuses.  Excuses are me trying to blame someone else or circumstances for my own failures.  But still I catch myself saying things like "I got busy and forgot."  Yep I confess I made that excuse just a few minutes ago when I looked at my documents and it suddenly hit me that I had not written a post yesterday.  But honestly it is not true.  I remembered yesterday at lunch time and decided to put it off and get my NaNoWriMo writing done first.  So it was my fault and I'm sorry if any of you were waiting in agitated expectancy for my post.  
Speaking of NaNoWriMo how are all you novelers doing?  I'm just keeping up with it.  I have a little friendly competition with Della.  Every time I get ahead she goes on a writing spree and passes me.  Then I'll write a few thousand on the weekend and pass her.  It's really funny how excited we both get about it.  Yesterday when I passed her word count I was bouncing in my chair with joy and telling everyone in ear shot that "I passed Della!"  It's more fun when your doing it with someone. 
For lack of anything better to say I have picked out some samples of my writing so far.

"Everyday he pushed them all harder, moved quicker.  He could feel the forest and mountains closing in on them each day."

"Two mountains loomed on either side marking the end of the Salto Mountains.  Between them ran a great valley with flat open land that sparkled green and lush under the summer sun.  It looked like the welcoming arms of Cypress to the tired group."

"They have traveled hard at your warning for six full days now.  We have reached the end and I say they deserve a night to catch their breath and sleep without the forest to bring bad thoughts."

"The grass smelled sweet and comforting, but the way it constantly rustled in the wind made it hard to catch foreign movement.  Kneeling down the Jaden dug his hands into the cool damp earth.  It gave way under his weight.  The grass rubbed against his shoulder.  There, a movement.  Two, no five dark shapes against the silver grass.  The young man froze."

"One of the big men grabbed her up and carrying her back to the corner dropped her down harshly.  As the girl bounced up immediately he hit her a ringing back hand to the cheek.  The blow spun her around and her head cracked on the wall.  She slumped to the floor, her crazy red hair spread over the floor like a puddle of blood."

Yes I tend to beat up my characters.  "I'm sorry Resh."  She is alright I promise.  You all have tons of fun writing and have a blessed week.
Morgan J

No comments:

Post a Comment