Saturday, September 20, 2014

Making Memory's

I'm a planner, and a dreamer.  I've grown up leaving in my dreams for the future and in my weekly check list.   People always said to write what you know and I never really listened to that advise.  What have I ever done that would be worth writing about?  That's what I thought for a long time.  Then I read an article that explained it for me.  You don't have to actually go on a quest to write about one.  Just remember back to when you spent four hours in a nature park till your feet were numb with walking.  Add to that the time you camped out in the backyard during a storm and your tent sprung a leak.  That was cool I thought, but that was all.  It didn't change anything though.  But a few years ago I realized that I was letting a lot of experiences pass by.  I preferred to stay home and write instead of going out and meeting new people seeing new sights and generally enjoying life.  Since I figured this out I've been making a conscience effort to enjoy the moment.  Instead of relaxing at home I've decided to go out of my way and out of my comfort zone to make memories. 

Yesterday I went to a chalk art contest.  Before I probably would have sat down and watched a movie, but no I was walking around the street watching people coloring with calk and talking to artists about the pictures in their booths till 10:30 at night.  It was so worth it though.  At 10:00 they had people come in and blow fire and spin burning balls.  It was really cool.  Time is moving on and I am falling asleep every few words.  Good night and God bless.
Morgan J

No comments:

Post a Comment